J. Robert King


Archive for March, 2009

Thanks for the S.W.A.T. Team

I recently spoke at career day at my son’s intermediate school. Fourth, fifth, and sixth grade students filed in for my session–kids who’d indicated an interest in being writers. Probably 75 percent were girls, 80 percent were currently writing creatively, 85 percent were smart, and the other 15 percent were  brilliant (I know a number of […]

March 28th, 2009
Topic: Uncategorized Tags: None

Walk, don’t run!

I’ve always liked to walk. Well, not always. I was born with ill-formed hip sockets and had to wear braces on my legs until I was one and a half. And I had flat feet, so I had to wear correctional shoes until I was five. That year, I wore them into a mud puddle that […]

March 24th, 2009
Topic: Uncategorized Tags: None

Techno-Utopian

Listening to NPR today, I learned a new term: techno-utopian. It means someone who believes that technology will bring about a perfect world. I guess I’m a techno-utopian. For one thing, I’m launching my own Web site. Wow. When a guy like me can launch a Web site, technology has become really amazing. But it’s […]

March 20th, 2009
Topic: Uncategorized Tags: None